В нашем книжном интернет магазине «Спринтер» Вы можете купить книгу Bird David Burnie
This superb collection of photographs brings to life the beauty, variety, and intricacy of birds' feathers, wings skeletons, beaks, nests, and eggs. In addition, unique time-lapse sequences show a chick hatching from its egg and how nestlings develop over their first few days of life.
Starting with the evolution and anatomy of birds, and explaining how their bodies work, how they are built specially for flight, and how their beaks, wings, tails, feathers, and feet are designed for specific purposes, the book goes on to cover the food they eat, the way they camouflage themselves, the nests they build, and the eggs they lay.
Produced in association with the Natural History Museum, London, Bird is a unique and compelling introduction to the secret life of birds.
- Here is an exciting and informative guide to the fascinating world of bird life.
- Superb colour photographs of feathers, wings, skeletons, eggs, nests, and newly-hatched chicks only days old, offer a unique "eyewitness" view of the natural history, behaviour, and life-cycle of birds.
- See how new-born chicks hatch from eggs, how nestlings grow in their first few days, how birds camouflage themselves against predators, what birds eat and how they catch their prey
- Learn how birds' bodies are designed for flight, why wings are different shapes and sizes, how birds evolved from their prehistoric ancestors, which are the world's biggest, smallest, slowest, and fastest birds
- Discover how and where birds make their nests, why eggs are different colours, how many feathers birds have and what each one is for, how to watch birds and attract them to your garden